TORTUE features 128 rooms and suites, and you as the guest. Only the future knows what will happen in the meantime. Or when it happens. Our house awaits the moment when the myth finds its form.
Leave your imprint. You decide which era by defining, first and foremost, the present. You are the muse for TORTUE’s personal and common spaces. You are the hotel’s reason, as well as its (im)passionate unreason.
It’s about the passion of making milestones. From days long gone to just the other night, and all the magical times in between. All leading up to a house that breathes love in even the smallest details.
We understand your personal grammar. Which indulgence is the subject? Which is the object? Where and when do expressions turn into gestures, and gestures into fulfillment?
At TORTUE, every event is familiar with all of our 128 rooms and suites. And with you.
- Boutique and Design Hotel
- Directly in the city centre, located beside Neuer Wall and Jungfernstieg
- Best price guarantee - Cheaper than all online portals
- Free minibar and free WLAN
- Unique design by international designers
- Euro 15 day ticket for the neighbouring Elbgym
- Member of Design Hotels
- atelier TORTUE: a creative space, co-working space and podcast studio
- Three restaurants
- JIN GUI: finest asian cuisine with sushi and designated bar
- brasserie TORTUE: french haute cuisine with authentic flair
- chez l'ami: presenting the best cuts and fish dishes - feast like god in france
- Four bars
- bar noir: great selection of cocktails, longdrinks and wine
- bar bleu: smokers lounge with own cocktail creations and wide cigar selection
- bar privé: Your own event location, fully equiped bar for rent
- petite TORTUE: day bar directly at Neuer Wall
- jardin TORTUE: Rooftop Bar with perfect skyline views! For house guests only.
BEST FLEXIBLE RATE INKLUding breakfast
Book a room and start the most enjoyable moment of the morning in our brasserie. We serve a varied selection of à la carte dishes in a French atmosphere.
- Extensive à la carte breakfast in our brasserie
- Complimentary minibar
- Coffee and tea making facilities in your room
- Shopping opportunities right in front of the door
- Parking options including E-charging station
- Cancellation free of charge until 4.00 pm one day prior arrival
In the middle of the city, in the famous city courtyards, a feeling like in France and yet so close. In addition to our classics such as Franzbrötchen and croissants, you can also choose between our specialities such as eggs Benedict and tartines with avocado to start your day. Petit déjeuner à la TORTUE.
More information about our brasserie HERE
Strolling between Stadthausbrücke, Große Bleichen and Neuer Wall you will find yourself en passant in the middle of Hamburg's history, to which the TORTUE owes its name:
When Hamburg, oh là là, was a department of Paris between 1806 and 1814, none other than Napoléon stayed in the historic quarter. He and his companions not only brought the Hamburgers the inspiration for the French roll, not only Chaussees, Bellevues and Palais, but also an idea of that world-famous savoir-vivre. Translated into today, this is, above all, about the delightful art of living of never hurrying! And which living creature is extraordi-narily good at this?
Et voilà! The turtle - French la tortue. TORTUE reminds us to take our time. Especially when we don't have any. Because haste and pleasure are mutually exclusive. Only in idleness and relaxation are the antennas for the beautiful on reception. And at around 200 m/h, you can take a formidable stroll through the TORTUE and explore what this place is all about!